Dental Implants Charlotte
A Smile That Is Built to Last
Living with missing teeth may be your current reality, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. With the help of dental implants at Holt Family Dentistry, Dr. Shah can rebuild your smile so that it lasts for decades or even a lifetime! His ability to surgically place each implant post helps to create a stable foundation for the custom restoration Dr. Gordon-Holt will later put into place. Let us help you enjoy life to its fullest. Call our dental office to schedule a consultation with our team of experts who are ready to build you a more permanent smile with dental implants in Charlotte.
Why Choose Holt Family Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Dr. Shah is Qualified to Place Dental Implants In-House
- High-Quality Dental Restorations to Enhance Appearances
- CT/Cone Beam Scanner Used for Advanced Imaging
What Are Dental Implants?
As titanium, screw-like posts that fit into the jawbone, dental implants are the only restorative treatment that restores teeth from roots to crowns. While others only replicate the look of a full smile, dental implants provide maximum support and functionality because of the continuous stimulation provided to the jawbone. Not only does this allow for greater bite force when eating, but it also reduces the chances of bone resorption (weakening) and facial sagging over time.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
To qualify for implants, a consultation with your Charlotte cosmetic dentist must be completed. Because dental implants require surgery, patients must be in good health, have healthy gums, have adequate bone to support the implant, and be committed to meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits. If you are considering implants, a thorough evaluation by your dentist will help determine if you would be a good candidate. If you suffer from chronic problems, such as clenching or bruxism, or systemic diseases, such as diabetes, the success rate for implants decreases dramatically. Additionally, people who smoke or drink alcohol may not be good candidates.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- Initial Dental Implant Consultation – A scheduled consultation with Dr. Shah and Dr. Gordon-Holt is required, as they will examine your jawbone and oral and overall health. This will determine if you are cleared for implant surgery or if you need additional help to strengthen your smile in preparation for dental implants in the future.
- Dental Implant Surgery – Dr. Shah will complete the dental implant surgery in-house so that you can remain with the same trusted professionals. He will position each implant in the appropriate location, ensuring it is at a proper depth for maximum support.
- Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutment – Once the surgery is complete, the implants must fuse with the bone (osseointegration). This can take 4-6 months, but once you are fully healed, you’ll return to our dental practice to receive your metal connector appliances that hold your restoration in place.
- Delivery of Dental Implant Restoration(s) – Whether you need a dental crown, bridge, or denture, Dr. Gordon-Holt will ensure that the finalized restoration looks and feels comfortable once put in place.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits of dental implants that you may not have considered. While they can replace missing teeth much like other similar solutions (i.e., dental bridges, dentures), they can:
- Rebuild teeth from the roots up
- Deliver greater bite force and chewing power
- Provide continuous stimulation to the jawbone
- Last for decades or potentially, a lifetime
- Improve confidence and physical aesthetics
- Be easy to maintain over time
- Save money in the long run because denture adhesive and replacements are not required
- Maintain a high success rate of 95% even after 10 years